“Successful performance at this level indicates a candidate has the personal skill and leadership ability required to lead a group of up to 4 competent paddlers (not including themselves), on river trips of grade 2 and on open water with winds up to force 4.”.
We will seek to cover the whole breadth of the Canoe syllabus while running some of the classic sections of the Tay and the surrounding area.
What can you expect?
- A review and refining of your core white water technique; building your critical technical, tactical and psychological skills.
- Coaching key open water skills in a windy, dynamic environment. Offering you the skills to both lead and enjoy such conditions.
- Dynamic Leadership and decision making models that make you a more sophisticated leader in both environments.
- The very best Level 5 standard coaching you can get from us.
- Accurate, targeted and insightful feedback.
The syllabus is available from the Canoe England web site or email@example.com
- Good BCU 3 Star standard in appropriate craft and a good range of experience paddling on grade 2 and in wind of at least force 3.
- WWSR is necessary for assessment, but not training. If you need this ask us.
- Registration with British Canoeing (or own home nation) using an LR Form is necessary for the assessment, but not training.
Personal Equipment: Candidates should bring the appropriate equipment for their own needs: If you need a kit list please request one
The rivers and venues we choose will be determined by the water levels and will reflect the required outcomes of the course. You should be prepared to travel to find suitable water.
Following the training you will get a preferential invitation to one of our 2 day refresher courses. These fill up very quickly and places are often hard to get. These are organised immediately prior to an assessment run by an independent assessment provider. We can sign-post you to these assessments which are run by providers we trust to give you a welcome relaxed and supportive experience. The refresher will get you up to speed and very much in the zone for success.
If you are not ready for an assessment the Refresher will allow you to take the next step in your consolidation and provide valuable feedback on your progress. You will be able to review the action plan you got from the initial Canoe Leader Training Phase.