All Safety and Rescue training with Ken Hughes Courses is headed up by a BCU Level 5 Coach, BC National Trainer and a Mountaineering Instructor (MIA) who has been running BC Safety and Rescue Courses for more than 20 years.
- It is experience that ensures each and every one of our courses is run to the highest standards. Whether you paddle Canoe, OC1, C1 or white water kayak you are assured the course will be expertly delivered in the context of your chosen discipline.
Foundation Safety and Rescue
- We’ll make sure you gain simple, effective and straightforward skills for ensuring your own safety and that of others, and for helping yourself and/or others in difficulty, irrespective of chosen craft.
White Water Safety and Rescue
- Great fun, it enables participants make a real difference on the river. You will feel empowered.
Advanced White Water Safety and Rescue
- Technical Rope Work;
- Safe Paddling Strategies;
- Steep Ground Safety;
- Casualty Management;
- Rescue in Advanced Water Environments.
- A natural extension to the WWSR Course, with topics including:
Sound good? Check out our calendar and get in touch!